Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

One another day in Metro train with my folding bike.

Aha what a day, it was perfect day to travel. You will ask why, answer is very simple, complete Delhi was closed as cete Delhi was closed for CWG closing function.




As usual, I left for office bit early on my folding bike and took metro from Hauz Khas, to my surprise metro train was not full at all and luckily I got seat too, which generally rare to get seat.

Daily in Metro, I get too many inquiries and people ask too many questions while boarding the train or folding and unfolding the bike.

Is this kid’s bike?

How much it cost you.

Who is the dealer?

Is it available in Delhi?

Is it allowed, to carry in metro?

Is it a sports bike?

Why do you use it?

Does doctor recommended you to ride bike.

Oh too many question, but I always happy to answer them, some are amused to see the bike, some just laugh or smile and some appreciate and praise the initiative.



Today post lunch I came to know Venket is in town, so I decided to meet him along with Dickie. It was plan to meet him in Paharganj hotel, where he was staying.



Let me introduce Venkat alias Venkky. Venkky is a bike dealer in Bangalore and he sales various kid of bikes. He also sale bikes components and its accessories. Even though he is in Bangalore but be I s good in delivering bikes components anywhere in the country , good part is you get accessories in best possible prices.



So I left office and used metro train and got out from Rajiv chowk. This was the first time when I was using my folding bike in different station, not in my usual station so this was the time when I want to ensure security guys are familiar with folding bike in metro and if they see this with some other guys they should not stop him/her. Therefore, I decided to spend time with security before getting out of the station. I smiled and asked general question and inquired about where is paharganj? Is it right exit point? And etc.. I was sure they will notice my bike and they will ask question and they asked, “aap iss le kar metro mai kaise jate hain?” (how do you take this bike into metro?), this is very easy, I said. I am travelling on this bike for office going. I fold it in metro it does not take much space easy to carry and it has very less weight. So I asked please hold it and see. They all smiled and happy to see new toy :)



As soon I got out from station I saw Dickie waiting for me on his bike, he was enjoying closing ceremony of Common wealth game on large display in center circle. We reached to Venky hotel met him and brought lubricant, arm warmer, disk break, water bottles and few more stuff. This was first time I met Venkat and I found he is a wonderful person.

After some time we left his hotel. I took call to go in Metro as I want promote folding bike and metro combination and want to ensure security and other public see this combination and some inspired to do the same. Dickie left on his bike to home.

I met same security men those have met while going out from Metro station and they were happy to see me. This time they did not asked any question. I board the train, got out at center Secretariat for changing the metro train for violet line, and reached to Kalkaji. Complete experience was excellent.. One another successful day I spend in commuting in Metro with folding bike. Things are working now.

7 comments:

  1. I must say WOW!! Surprised, how come there are no comments. I also dream of doing the same some day. I am in Bangalore currently and maybe in near future will ask you some of the details you have to provide in Metro everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rajiv
    Thanks for your comments, on other of my blog I have got good number of response. and will happy to help you to make a happy metro rider. :)

    Regards
    Parvinder
    ps7374@yahoo.com/ps7374@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear they allow folding bikes in Delhi Metro. Hope there has been no changes since then and you are still able to carry the folding bike on Delhi Metro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just when you think that you ignominiously thought about this innovation in Delhi you have noble souls doing exactly the same since more than a year. Really nice to hear. See you sometime on hauz khas metro station with my own bike :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. not ignominiously, meant ingenuously :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aapke pas kaunsi folding bike h
    mai b ek lna chahta hu...
    m b metro b lke use travel krna chahta hu to ap suggest kro kaunsi bike lni chaiye mjhe....???

    ReplyDelete